HOW DO I GET STARTED WITH PHYSIO PILATES?
At Sports Focus Physiotherapy and Pilates Centre we offer individually designed physiotherapy programs to identify your goals and this is achieved by a full musculoskeletal assessment, including:
• Introduction to modified Pilates matwork.
• Education in the anatomy of the deep Transverse Abdominal, Pelvic floor and Multifidus muscles.
• Three private follow up sessions with a physiotherapist to ensure you understand the Pilates principles of postural awareness, effective breathing, deep abdominal and pelvic control, concentration and integrated flowing movement.
Once you have completed your personal introduction to Pilates you will continue with one hour studio sessions. These sessions use a full range of Pilates studio equipment individually administered and reviewed by your Pilates Physiotherapist.
Essential Matwork Programs
Sports Focus Physiotherapy have commenced a course of Pilates mat classes. These classes are designed and run by our Pilates trained Physiotherapist who will take you through a range of exercises which will progress every week.
• Strengthen your body from the inside out
• Switch on your deep abdominal muscles
• Help rehabilitate existing problems
• Prevent future injuries
• Improve your posture
Beginners and Intermediate sessions are held on Saturday mornings. Classes are limited to small group sessions (maximum of six participants) to allow close supervision by our expert Pilates instructors.